We at HWP were pleased when we learned of the President’s proclamation of National Entrepreneurship Month
. Latinos are prolific in establishing businesses and organizations like L’ATTITUDE Ventures, The HWP Angel Community and other sources of capital and networks are addressing the historic underfunding of Latino start-ups. The entrepreneurial mind works year-round at HWP because we are convinced that all of America benefits by ensuring the economic well-being of the Hispanic community.
The Hispanic Wealth Project fosters this national dialogue around issues affecting the creation and retention of wealth, especially for Hispanic households. The Project drives change through initiatives that set forth an actionable plan to address the requirements we set to achieve the Project’s goals.
The Hispanic Wealth Project focuses on programs, policies, and initiatives that are critical to its mission to financially and educationally empower the Hispanic community in America, including:
- Increase current Hispanic homeownership rates
- Elevate sustainability in advancing homeownership outcomes
- Promote Hispanic access to market-rate mortgage financing
- Examine population migration patterns and housing stock alignment
- Encourage outreach by U.S. financial service provides to Hispanic communities
- Reimagine the delivery of traditional financial services in contexts and through programs that align with the cultural, geographic, employment and transactional patterns of Hispanic households
- Promote education in Hispanic communities to increase awareness of asset diversification and investment options, including participation in employer-sponsored 401(k) programs
- Foster Hispanic entrepreneurship
- Provide investment capital and financing to incubate Hispanic start-ups
- Structure training and mentorship programs that support Hispanic entrepreneurs
- Showcase Hispanic entrepreneurial “success stories” to highlight Hispanic icons across a broad representation of the U.S. economy
HWP is developing programs that empower the Hispanic community in areas such as diversified wealth building, small business sustainability, and wealth through real estate is critical. The Hispanic community is a vital and growing component of our nation's economy, and we cannot afford to ignore their economic potential.
The Hispanic community has been subject to economic inequality and discrimination for too long. Despite being the fastest-growing demographic group in the United States, Hispanics continue to face significant barriers to economic opportunity. As a result, Hispanic families are more likely to live in poverty, experience financial insecurity, and struggle to build wealth for future generations.
This economic inequality is not just a problem for Hispanic families; it also harms our entire society. When a significant portion of our population cannot achieve financial stability and prosperity, it strains our economy and limits our nation's potential for growth. In contrast, when all members of our community can achieve financial success, it strengthens our economy and creates a more vibrant and prosperous society.
By investing in programs that empower Hispanic families to build wealth and achieve economic stability, we can unlock their full potential and strengthen our nation's economy. For example, by providing resources and support for small business development, we can help Hispanic entrepreneurs create jobs and stimulate economic growth in their communities. We can help Hispanic families build equity and financial security by promoting homeownership and providing access to affordable housing.
Additionally, diversifying wealth-building strategies beyond traditional means can provide Hispanic families with more opportunities to accumulate wealth. Providing access to financial education, investment vehicles, and real estate can ensure that the Hispanic community is better equipped to build long-term wealth and stability.
Investing in the economic well-being of the Hispanic community is not only the right thing to do, but it's also a smart economic decision. A more prosperous Hispanic community means a more prosperous America. By breaking down the barriers that prevent Hispanic families from achieving financial stability and success, we can create a stronger, more resilient, and more prosperous nation for all.
Join us in the national dialogue for growing Hispanic wealth.
· Become an HWP Angel Investor
· Attend the Women Building Wealth Forum in San Diego, CAHispanic Wealth Project
· Facebook: @HispanicWealthProject
· Twitter: @HispWealthProj
· Instagram: @HispanicWealthProject
· LinkedIn: @hispanic-wealth-project